Front Counter Assistant Shift Leader
Opportunity to work overtime hours often available but not required.
The responsibility of the Shift Leader is to protect the interest of the operator in the practicing and maximizing of operational excellence, quality, training, marketing and profit generating procedures throughout their shift (Day, Swing or Night shift).
Most importantly, the Shift Leader responsibility is to ensure that the first and last contact with guest is both memorable and remarkable.
The Shift Leader must exemplify the actions, decision-making skills and responsibilities of operating a successful restaurant. Having a keen sales and marketing awareness of the day part or day of the week is key to this leader’s success. Their primary job is setting the overall tone and atmosphere of the restaurant during their shift. Operational efficiency, skill development and community building are a constant thought in the mind of this leader.
This hands-on leader must be a teacher at heart and must be energized by a quick-paced environment. The Shift Leader must be engaged daily in the following 5 areas:
- Support the vision of the operator.
- Commitment to personal growth and development
- Support, practice and encourage a High Performance Organization (HPO) culture. This leader may have to adapt and change their approach shift-to-shift depending upon the talent on duty or the level of business needing support.
- Share short-term and long-term goals with leadership team as well as Team Members
- Coach and develop all team members
- Observe for inconsistent cash and handling procedures along with food portioning
- Model and support clear communications between the front counter and boards.
- Take disciplinary action in writing or verbally to any individual reporting to you on your shift.
- Coach and develop “self-leadership skills” of team members during their shift
- When required, support Training Director in implementing sound individualized training and development. Provide training feedback and observations of new team members to the Training Director and all Certified Trainers.
- Ensure opening and closing security measures are in place to protect your staff. Report all security or safety incidents to the operator and Executive Director.
- Embrace continuous improvement plan for the development all leaders, ambassadors, contributors, emerging leaders and employees.
Quality Customer Experience
- The Shift Leader must always ensure a watchful eye on the restaurant. If you must leave the restaurant, ensure that a supervisor, team leader or team captain is left in temporary charge of the restaurant.
- Ensure that the 1st Mile of service is taken care of (Operational Excellence) and that 2nd Mile Service opportunities are taken.
- Ensure opening and closing food safety and restaurant safety measures are in place to protect staff. Report all safety incidents to the Operator and Executive Director.
- As a steward, oversee all facilities and ensure equipment are in proper working order before, during and after your shift
- Ensure our food safety standards exceed local and FDA food code standards and that all equipment is working properly
- Support continuous improvement plans for quality and customer experience.
Sales & Brand Growth
- Implement customer count, check average and outside sales best practices during your shift
- Use transitions to our benefit by maximizing productivity during your shift
- Take advantage of strategic marketing emotional connections that may arise.
- Support Restaurant Marketing Director on continuous improvement plans for sales and brand growth.
- Ensure the shift team is trained and motivated to do their part in building sales and outside sales development.
- Ensure proper cash and coupon management systems (to include change fund) are in place during shift
- Ensure Opening and End of Day financial reports are performed in a timely manner
- As a steward, work closely with the operator and other members of the leadership team to execute continuous improvement plans that maximize our return on investment.
This is a full-time position with varying hours with Fridays and Saturdays required. Chick-fil-A Overland Park is open Monday through Saturday, 6:30 AM - 10:00 PM. NO SUNDAYS. Experience is not necessary; will train the right candidate. This is an hourly position starting at $16 an hour.
We follow COVID-19 Guidelines as provided by Chick-fil-A Inc in accordance with recommendations from the CDC.